Even though your students won't have listening centers over the summer, you can still prepare them for increasingly difficult texts and classes, enhance fluency, vocabulary and reading comprehension skills, and set listening and reading goals. Here are some great opportunities to help your students prevent the summer slide:
2. If you have a building license, send Tales2go staff an updated roster if you need to add any students or staff.
3. Send home a summer listening packet with your students. Each packet lists suggested summer listening titles and activities.
- PAGE 1 ONLY- all grades (Word doc) - helpful if you have limited printing resources
- PreK and K Summer Listening Packet (PDF)
- Grades 1-2 Summer Listening Packet (PDF)
- Grades 3-5 Summer Listening Packet (PDF)
- Middle School Summer Listening Packet (PDF)
- High School Summer Listening Packet (PDF)
***Don't forget to write in the student IDs and Passwords AND listening suggestions before sending them home.
4. Please make sure all staff at your school are aware of the Tales2go subscription so everyone can listen all summer. Also be sure to make sure the information is on your school website so PARENTS can view it.
5. NEW marketing materials - you can print or use them in your own flyers/handouts.
E-mail us if you have any questions. Happy listening!