Make a Freedom Quilt
Try this creative, collaborative project
Click each link below for an instant download of a quilt block template. Each sheet has space at the bottom for you to add your own instructions to customize this lesson.
Ideas for using these templates:
- Tie in math: Write an equation in each shape and designate all even answers one color and all odd answers another.
- Make listening active: Create a word bank at the bottom of each sheet, associating each word with a color. Put on a story and ask students to listen for those vocabulary words to fill in their quilt blocks. This will help students listen carefully and also reinforce recognition and spelling of important or new vocabulary words.
- However you decide to add color and character to your blank templates, when you're finished, cut them out and post them together on a bulletin board to show off your new Freedom Quilt!
- Bowtie Quilt Block: Simple Line Template | Black and White Template
- Crossroads Quilt Block: Simple Line Template | Black and White Template
- Shoofly Quilt Block: Simple Line Template | Black and White Template
Sharing is caring! If you use any of these, and would like to share photos of your work with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org